PERSONAL DATA & DATA PROTECTION
Confidentiality and security of your personal data are important to us. We would like to offer you personalized services while respecting your privacy and choices.
In this Policy you will find information on:
- What data we can collect about you;
- How we collect or receive your data;
- For what purposes we use it;
- How long we can keep it;
- Who can access your data;
- How we protect it and keep it confidential;
- How we address cross-border protections;
- How we address consumer preferences and individual rights;
- The additional protections that we provide for residents off certain region;
- How to contact us if you have questions about our use of your personal data;
- How we protect children’s privacy;
- How we manage cookies on the dior.com website; and
WHAT data may we collect about you?
"Personal data" means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
The personal data we collect depends upon the touchpoint of our interaction, and is also limited to that which is relevant and appropriate for the interaction. Website visitors who browse cwestny.com and view our products, information and offerings can choose to do so without identifying themselves, and the same applies to social media browsing. Unless you choose to interact with us via those touchpoints, such as by making a purchase on our site, signing up for one of our programs or services, or posting a comment or a like online, our data collection is limited to the use of ‘cookies’ for website visitors.
For customers and other individuals who sign up for programs or services, we must collect certain relevant information from you. The information we collect is related to the particular transaction as well as our overall relationship with you. For example, if you make purchases from cwestny.com, we must collect information to process (and, if relevant, fulfill and ship) your order. For customers and other individuals who sign up for our programs or services, we generally collect your contact details, contact preferences, and information that will allow us to make recommendations to you about our products or services that may be of interest. We may centralize the information pertaining to our customers so that we have it organized in one place, as this helps us manage our relationship with you as well as your choices and preferences.
Depending on the data you provide or share with us, personal data may include information related to:
- Your identity and your contact details;
- Your size and stylistic preferences;
- Your interests;
- Your purchases (in store or online) and any returns or exchanges;
- Your online journeys (dior.com, social media pages, partner websites);
- Your requests through our customer department or our public relations department; or
- The West events you attend.
In the context of a job application with Christian West Couture, we may collect the following information:
- Your identity and your contact details; and
- Your Curriculum Vitae and your cover letter.
We invite you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any change in your contact details.
HOW do we collect or receive your data?
As part of our relationship with you, we may collect certain data via the following touchpoints:
- CWestny.com journey;
- In-store relationship with our salesperson;
- West events you attend;
- Public Relations relationship;
- Contact with Customer Department;
- Forms you complete (in store or online);
- Digital apps you use;
- Dior social media pages you visit or comment/like;
- Digital Media Advertising you click on; or
- Search Engines Paid Advertising you click on.
In relation to our programs and events, the personal data essential to West is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the products and services that we can provide to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your data used by Christian West Couture?
As part of our relationship, depending on the context in which your data is collected, we may use your data for:
- the management of your orders;
- the management of the personalized content and communications with West (digital or otherwise);
- the management of your profile;
- the management of your requests linked with West House;
- the management of events which you register for / attend;
- the management of your application for a job;
- the management of our website and our digital apps; or
- the improvement of our products and services.
In the context of your application for a job, we may use your data to evaluate your application and consider you and other candidates for our open positions.
The legal basis for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
- Your consent (e.g. to manage our tailored services, or managing your browsing via cookies);
- The performance of a contract (e.g. managing your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders);
- A legal obligation when processing is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices); or
- Our legitimate interest: improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications.
FOR HOW LONG may we keep your data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose of collection, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal or business obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data will be retained in our client database:
- If you are a “client” (i.e. you have already purchased a West product): for no more than 10 years after your first purchase; this period will be renewed each time you interact with West (e.g. a purchase);
- If you are a “prospect” (i.e. you have never purchased a West product but you are interested in West brand): we keep your data for 3 years; this period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior (e.g. when participating in an event);
- If you are in contact with the Public Relations department: for no more than 10 years after initial contact; this period will be renewed each time you interact with West (e.g. when requesting information from the West House); or
- If you are a “job applicant” (i.e. you apply for a job offered by Christian West Couture): for 2 years after your application.
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO may access your data?
Your data are for Christian West Couture services dealing with your requests. We ensure that only duly authorized persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
We do not give your data to third parties for their own commercial purposes.
We communicate your information only where necessary, and if possible in a form that does not allow a direct identification to:
- Other West entities to provide you with the same personalized service worldwide.
- Parfums Christian West, presuming you are also a Parfums client.
- Our trusted third-party suppliers, including other entities of the LVMH group, acting as processors according to our instructions and solely on our behalf.
For example, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of delivering you a product, payment service providers and providers securing transactions against fraud, third parties who assist us in the organization of our events, third parties providing IT services, digital communication and public relations agencies, and third parties who assist us with customer service.
- Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent.
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies which we do not control.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login. Please be aware that in this case you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate precautions that are designed to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties. We also require by our partners and group companies to uphold a similar level of protection for your data. The measures are evaluated and updated to address new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
HOW do we address cross-border protections?
Because C.West operates in many countries across the world, some of your data may be collected, accessible or stored outside of your country of residence. You should know that the data protection and security requirements differ from place to place, and may not offer the same level of protection as those in your home country. Nevertheless, C.West and our group companies have taken steps to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data irrespective of where it is located, such as by using data transfer methods approved by the European Commission (where the data protection laws are considered to be the strongest worldwide). We also require our third-party partners to fulfill applicable data transfer obligations in relation to the personal data that they receive on our behalf.
How are consumer preferences and individual rights addressed?
In accordance with applicable laws and requirements, C.West and its group companies have put in place measures to fulfill the rights of individuals in relation to the personal data that we (or our third parties) hold about them. This includes, for example, the right to know about the data we hold about you or to obtain a copy, and the limited rights to amend your data, request erasure, or object to the processing of your data. We encourage individuals who have entrusted their data to us to keep it current (such as if you change your email address, address or phone number), so that we have your correct information on file. We also encourage consumers to update their preferences with us, such as in relation to products and the frequency of contacts, so that we can personalize our service to your expectations and needs. Finally, we offer individuals the right to withdraw consent from our programs and offerings at any time. To do so, or to exercise any of these other rights, For individuals seeking access to their data, we also require authentication to ensure that we are not providing personal data to an unauthorized person.
What additional protections are provided for residents of certain regions?
For E.U. residents, the GDPR provides the following rights (with some exceptions):
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy;
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data Christian West Couture holds about you;
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete;
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data;
- The right to object to direct marketing: you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communication at any time. You are able to do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. You are also able to request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent; and
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of C.West.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
Please note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
How does Dior protect children's privacy?
C.West has adopted practices that are designed to ensure that we do not to collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone under the age of 13, we will purge it immediately, except for responding to a question or inquiry on a one-time basis from the individual or his/her parent or legal guardian.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT
This section presents our policy for managing cookies on the dior.com website.
It aims to explain where the browsing information processed when you visit our website comes from, how it is used, and your rights.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable Christian West Couture to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the dior.com website, either by Christian West Couture or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be stored on your device.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED ON DIOR.COM?
There are several categories of cookies. Some of them are issued directly by Christian West Couture and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
- The following types of cookies may be issued by Christian West Couture and its providers
Various types of cookie might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
The "essential" cookies are essential for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly. If you delete them, it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order. They might be stored on your device by Christian Dior Couture or by its providers.
"Analytical and Personalization" cookies not essential for browsing our website but making it easier for you to conduct searches, optimizing your buying experience.
"Advertising" cookies, not essential for browsing but allowing you a more relevant advertising offer.
If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that of another user. It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
- Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies. These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include cookies on our website applications produced by third parties, which enable you to share our site content with other people or to tell other people what content you have been browsing or your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like�� buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
MANAGING THE COOKIES STORED ON YOUR DEVICE
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device.
You can configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are accepted and stored on your device, or conversely blocked.
The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We encourage you to find out how to configure your browser. This will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note: any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies. For example, if you block essential cookies you might no longer be able to place orders on our website.
In case of modification of this Policy, we will ensure that you are informed of these changes either by a special notice on our site, or by a personalized warning notably in the context of our newsletters.
Version updated on 18 July 2018
Parfums Christian West, a limited company with capital of €2,620,860, registered in Paris under trading ID 552 065 187, having its registered office at 33, avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris is the publisher of the website www.Dior.com/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”).
This personal data protection policy (hereinafter referred to as “the Policy”) is intended to describe how your personal data are collected and used by Parfums Christian West as well as your rights in this respect.
As such, to ensure respect for the privacy of its users (hereinafter referred to as “Users”), Parfums Christian West undertakes to ensure that the collection and processing of personal data, conducted for the purposes of this Site, is conducted in accordance with French Act n°78-17 of January 6, 1978, as amended in 2004, on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties, also known as the French Data Protection Act.
Thus the French Data Protection Commission (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, hereinafter referred to as “CNIL”) shall be notified of the processing of personal data for the purposes of the Site.
Parfums Christian West may also need to collect your data should you apply for a vacancy at Parfums Christian West, on its Careers website (hereinafter referred to as the “Careers Site”) which can be accessed from www.cwestny.com/.
This Policy supplements the provisions of the Terms and Conditions of the Site to which you can refer for more information on the use of the Site.
ARTICLE 1 – TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED
Data are collected by Parfums Christian West either directly (1) or indirectly (2).
1. Data collected directly
Information collected directly is required for the purposes as described in Article 2 below, and is essential to respond to your requests. Such information that you provide voluntarily such as your name and contact information, is marked with an asterisk on data entry forms.
2. Data collected indirectly
Parfums Christian West also collects browsing data indirectly using data collection tools (including but not limited to cookies, tags, beacons, and any other appropriate means) which are installed on the Site and enable the use of certain of its features.
You may choose to disable these tools via your internet browser as described in Article 5 of this Policy.
ARTICLE 2 – PURPOSES OF COLLECTING YOUR DATA
The data collected are processed automatically, under the responsibility of Parfums Christian West, for the following purposes:
to distribute information, particularly the Site Newsletters and promotional updates, to the Users;
to contact Users where necessary;
to manage orders placed on the Site;
to compile anonymous statistics;
to recruit for a vacancy (Careers Site).
ARTICLE 3 – DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Data are kept for a period not exceeding the period required to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected.
ARTICLE 4 – RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA
The sole recipients of the personal data collected by Parfums Christian West are the departments responsible for client relations, communications and marketing as well as subsidiaries of the company that may be located outside the European Union. Personal data shall only be disclosed to third parties with the prior consent of the Users unless the communication of such information is strictly necessary to the provision of the service requested or where access is requested by a public or legal authority.
In any case, Parfums Christian West shall provide your personal data to a third party only where:
You have given us your prior consent to share this information;
Parfums Christian West needs to share this information with third parties to provide you with the service you are requesting;
Parfums Christian West is ordered by a legal authority or any other public authority to provide the information;
For technical purposes, when storing your personal data for use in recruitment, your data will be stored on the central servers of our service provider:
Milton Keynes Data Centre for Lumesse
Milton Keynes MK14 6LB
ARTICLE 5 – DATA SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Parfums Christian West has endeavoured to implement all necessary precautions to safeguard the privacy and security of the personal data processed and to protect such data from any misrepresentation, damage, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties.
A “cookie” is a small file that does not identify the User but records information on the browsing activity of a computer on a site.
Some cookies are strictly necessary to the provision of services (1) and others facilitate analysis by Parfums Christian West of your browsing activity on the Site (2).
1. Cookies strictly necessary to the provision of services
Some of our cookies have the sole purpose of enabling or facilitating electronic communication and are strictly necessary to the provision of our communication services online at the express request of the User.
These are mainly session cookies which are used to authenticate and connect to the Site and to memorise aspects of browsing activity during a session. These cookies are essential for the User to be able to browse and access the Site.
2. Cookies used to analyse browsing activity
Information supplied by cookies can facilitate our analysis of your browsing activity on the Site. For this purpose, Parfums Christian West uses the following four types of cookie:
- cookies that record User preferences, configurations, and pages viewed previously are also installed in the course of browsing activity on the Site. These temporary cookies are linked to the User session and are deleted when you close your browser. They are used for the main purpose of improving the personalised service provided to the User. The data thus obtained are intended to facilitate subsequent browsing of the site.
- advertising cookies that are used to make the ads more appealing. These cookies are used to select ads based on their relevance, to improve reporting on campaign performance and to avoid showing ads that you have already seen. These cookies remain until you delete them or they expire;
- analytics cookies;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as invisible pixels.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually change the browser settings to block them, if desired; in such a case, the User should be able to proceed as follows:
- On Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Settings and Internet Options.
2. Go to the Privacy tab.
3. Click on the Advanced button and check the box “Override automatic cookie handling”.
- On Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox button at the top of the Firefox window (or the Tools menu in Windows XP), then select Options.
2. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Set History to “Use custom settings for history”.
4. Uncheck “Accept cookies”.
- On Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click “Show advanced settings”.
4. In the Privacy section, click “Content settings”.
5. Select “Block sites from setting any data”.
6.2 – Statistics
To tailor the Site and its content and services to the expectations of the Users, Parfums Christian West measures the number of visits, the number of page views, and the activity of the Users on the Site and the frequency of their return visits. To measure this traffic, Parfums Christian West uses the Google Analytics tool, a website analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google).
The data generated by cookies relating to the use of the Site (including the IP address) are transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google shall use this information to review the use of the Site, to compile reports on activity on the Site for Parfums Christian West and to provide other services relating to activity on the Site and use of the Internet.
Google may also pass on this information to third parties where required by law or where such third parties process such information on behalf of Google, including the publisher of this website. Google shall not link your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To opt out of Google Analytics, click on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
ARTICLE 7 – RIGHT TO ACCESS, BLOCK AND RECTIFY
In accordance with Article 38 and subsequent articles of the French data protection act, you have the right to access, rectify, modify and – in the event of a legitimate reason to do so – block the processing of your personal data. To exercise such rights:
According to French law decree n°2007-451 of March 25, 2007, adopted for the purposes of implementing the data protection act, your requests must be submitted in writing and must be signed and accompanied by a photocopy of a piece of ID bearing your signature. Parfums Christian West has a period of two months to respond to your request.
ARTICLE 8 – TRANSFER OF DATA IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL OF THE COMPANY
In the event of a change of control of the company, bankruptcy proceedings or the transfer of company assets, the personal data collected by Parfums Christian West may be transferred.
ARTICLE 9 – UPDATES TO THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Parfums Christian West reserves the right to update this Policy at its sole discretion and without notice. In such event, the updated version of the Policy shall be published immediately on the Site and all browsing activity thereon, from the time of publication of the said updated version of the Policy, shall be entirely subject to it.
Last updated: November 2015
Dec 3, 2015 1:08 pm